Saturday, March 24, 2012

Burlap Curtains

This morning I was browsing the new Ballard catalog , dreaming of the day when I can actually afford to purchase massive amounts of fabric, furniture and accessories when I saw these beauties.

Burlap Crewel Damask Panel 

They are damask embroidered burlap and they are the perfect mix of glam and earthy.  I love them, but starting at $179 a panel this chick cannot even for another second think about getting these.  So after coming back to reality I figured, why not just stencil the burlap curtains I have in the kitchen to create a look a like minus the fancy embroidery.  So that's just what I did.  

 This is the before





I am pretty happy with the way they turned out and at zero cost since I had everything I needed already.  I definitely didn't have any rhyme or reason with the stencil so they aren't perfect but that's OK with me.  

No comments:

Post a Comment